Summary of Fees
- Membership Fees: Membership dues are collected annually from agencies who wish to borrow blue tools from the Cincinnati Community ToolBank. These dues are based on the agencies annual budget. Members will be charged for their annual membership at the time of their first order each calendar year. This fee may be added to your first order or billed separately.
|Membership Fee||Price Annually|
|$0 – $100,000||$10|
|$100,001 – $250,000||$25|
|$250,001 – $500,000||$50|
|$500,001 – $750,000||$75|
|$750,001 – and above||$100|
|*All Government Agencies||$100|
|*Public School System||$10|
- Tool Handling Fees: Member agencies pay a tool handling fee equal to 3% of the total retail value of the tools borrowed per week. Tools may be borrowed from one to eight weeks at a Tool Handling fees are collected at the time of pick up, so please remember to bring a credit card or check with you (cash is not accepted).
- Late Fees: Overdue tools accrue late fees at 6% of their retail value every week until the tool is returned, replaced, or its replacement cost is paid in full (see below). Avoid late fees by returning borrowed tools on If your project takes longer than expected, please contact the ToolBank ASAP to extend your borrowing time with accruing late fees.
- Replacement Fees: Member agencies are assessed a replacement cost in the event that a tool is declared
- If parts are missing that can easily be replaced, then you will only be charged replacement fees for those
- If a tool is lost, you do have the option of providing a replacement rather than paying the replacement fee. Replacement tools must be comparable to the tool lost (i.e. same voltage) and in good working condition. ToolBank staff reserves the right to decline a replacement tool that does not meet these
- Please Note: We do not charge replacement fees for tools broken during their intended If a tool breaks, please be sure to return it with all parts to the ToolBank; otherwise, the tool will be declared lost and will result in a replacement fee.
- Cleaning Fees: Member Agencies will be charged a $25 per tool cleaning fee if tools are returned extremely dirty or returned with dried paint, caulk, mud, or other substances. Avoid cleaning fees by removing excess dirt and other substances before returning.
- Table Linens: Starting June 1st, 2018 the ToolBank will be charging an additional $2 cleaning fee per borrowed Members are able to avoid this charge if they choose to wash the linens before returning them. Click here for a full list of ToolBank’s Special Event Equipment and prices.
- Please Note: Tools with dried concrete and work gloves with dried paint or other irremovable substances on them will result in replacement fees, so please be sure to clean off concrete quickly and please do not use work gloves while painting, caulking,
- Payment Options: Tool handling fees will need to be paid at the time of pick up. Additional cleaning fees, replacement fees, etc. will be assessed and charged at the time of return. All fees must be paid by check (made payable to Cincinnati Community ToolBank) or credit card (Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express). Please Note: We do not accept cash.