Keep informed on what’s happening at the Cincinnati Community ToolBank!
The Cincinnati Community ToolBank is pleased to announce the addition of four members to its Board of Directors. While the start of 2018 introduces fresh talent to the board, it also means that the ToolBank will be bidding farewell to several board members including four founding members of the ToolBank.
The following individuals represent new additions to the ToolBank’s Board of Directors:
- Brandon Black, Owner of Drawnversation- The ToolBank welcomes Brandon Black to our Board of Directors in 2018. Brandon first became involved with the ToolBank during his time as a Fellow in People’s Liberty Haile Fellowship Program. During the fellowship he explored intergeneration community building through DIY home improvement projects. As a believer in the saying, “Doing the job right requires having the right tools,” he is a huge advocate for the ToolBank and its mission to equip volunteers with tools of change. Brandon is also the Chief Illustration Officer of Drawnversation–a facilitation business specializing in real-time visual notation for group discussions, processes and presentations.
- Mark Bruner, Rental Divisions Operations Executive at Messer Construction Co – The ToolBank is excited to welcome Mark Bruner, who has been with Messer Construction Company for 18 years. He started his career working as a co-op and became a full time employee working in the Rental Division department overseeing the equipment for the company. During his time with Messer Construction, Mark has led many initiatives during his career which include; lean daily management, GEMBA, management of equipment services, and two different software implementations. Mark was also a key leader in the facility move and designed the layout for the Rental Division’s new office.
- Conrad Culbertson, Commercial Insurance Agent at Roeding Insurance Group -Conrad Culbertson joins the Cincinnati ToolBank with a strong background in risk management and business development. Conrad is a commercial insurance agent for Roeding Insurance Group in the Cincinnati Region with a focus on Construction and Manufacturing. He looks to leverage his network in the community to build upon the success of the ToolBank. Conrad resides in Ft Wright Kentucky with his wife Katie, and son Grayson.
- Nate Strahm, Audit Manager at Grant Thornton LLP – Nate Strahm joins the Cincinnati ToolBank with a strong background in accounting and is the Audit Manager in the Cincinnati office of Grant Thornton. Nate has 8 years of full time experience in public accounting, providing business and accounting advice to public and private clients. Nate has been involved with the ToolBank in a volunteer capacity since 2017. Nate played an instrumental role to plan the agency’s annual Hammers & Ales fundraiser and was involved with Building On Our Community.
The following individuals represent board members whose terms have recently ended:
- Mike Arnoult Jr., Regional Vice President at Jo-Ann Stores, will be stepping down after two years of service with the ToolBank.
- Doug Brauch, Vice President, Treasury & Insurance at Macy’s Inc and Founding Board Member will be stepping down after 7 years of service.
- Allison Kloos, Capital Analyst at Macy’s Inc and Founding Board Member will be stepping down after 7 years of service.
- Michelle Rummel, Business Development Associate at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center and founding Board Member will be stepping down after 6 years of service.
- Mike Schneider, Vice President and CPO at Baker Concrete Construction, Inc. and Founding Board Member will be stepping down after 7 years of service.
“Our outgoing board members made tremendous contributions to our organization and has allowed the ToolBank to provide even more “tools of change” to the community. In 2017, the ToolBank celebrated its 5th year of operation which would not have been possible without the support of our Board of Directors. We sincerely thank them for their efforts over their combined 29 years of service,” says Kat Pepmeyer, Executive Director of the Cincinnati ToolBank. “We look forward to the potential of the incoming board members and we have several exciting initiatives planned for 2018.”
In addition to our incoming and outgoing board members, the Cincinnati ToolBank announces that Paul Stautberg, Operations Manager at Republic Services, will be stepping down as Board President and will be replaced with Stephen Burch, Vice President, Global Treasury Solutions Officer at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. The ToolBank would like to thank Paul for his dedication to the board during his time as President.